Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gulf winds

Tonight I sat outside, facing east, and watched the clouds sailing by.  Clouds coming off the gulf.  The springtime on the Gulf brings south winds and south breezes, and these bring the humidity.  In the spring, the humidity is nice.  It only gets oppressive as the temperature climbs about 85F, then 90, topping out around 95F in high summer.  Lately, I have all the sliders open, wishing I had more screened windows, and wishing I had star jasmine growing in the yard.

"Now the clay of which you were shaped has dried and hardened, and naught in you will ever awaken the sleeping musician, the poet, the astronomer that possibly inhabited you in the beginning."

I've chosen for my red clay plot a delicate oolong.  It must be reserved for this one flavor.  The tea leaves come bunched up, little balls, and they open up into full leaves in the water.

No comments: